Sheriff’s office: Home tied to Joe Mixon part of crime scene after shots fired report

Sheriff’s office: Home tied to Joe Mixon part of crime scene after shots fired report

A juvenile was taken to Children’s Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Authorities have not shared the age of the juvenile or any suspect information.

Deputies conducted a search warrant for a home in the 7900 block of Ayers Road and gathered evidence that will be part of the investigation, the sheriff’s office said.

Detectives will continue to review evidence and conduct interviews and plan to provide an update later this week, the sheriff’s office said.

“We can confirm that part of the crime scene involves a home connected to Bengals player Joe Mixon,” the sheriff’s office said in a statement.

The house in question is the same house listed as Joe Mixon’s in February, when he was charged in a warrant for pointing a gun at a woman and threatening her. The charge was later dismissed and the case was reassigned. It is not clear if he still resides there. A trust is listed as the owner of the property.

Authorities are continuing to work to find out exactly who was involved and what led to the shooting.

WLWT’s cameras were on the scene as police tried to piece together what happened overnight. The investigation lasted well into the nighttime hours, with a large police presence outside the home, with deputies also going in and out of the home.

Law enforcement have not said if Mixon is connected to this incident in any way.

WLWT spoke with Joe Mixon’s sister Shalonda, who said her brother was not involved in the incident.

A 45-year-old murder mystery that has haunted a small central Massachusetts town has been partially solved, thanks to DNA evidence, investigators said Monday.

The remains of a woman discovered on Nov. 15, 1978, buried under leaves on a logging road in Granby, have been identified as Patricia Ann Tucker, born July 28, 1950, investigators from the Massachusetts State Police, Granby police and Northwestern District Attorney’s Office said Monday.

After Tucker’s remains were found, the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner ruled that the cause of death was a bullet wound to the temple, and the manner of death was homicide. The office estimated that the woman had been dead since about June of 1978 and that she was between 19 and 27 years old.

For decades, she was known only as “Granby Girl.”

About two years ago, Massachusetts investigators worked with a private forensic laboratory based in Texas called Othram to obtain a DNA profile of the woman. Using that information, investigators were able to link her to a likely relative in Maryland, who, in turn, led them to Tucker’s adult son, who was 5 when his mother disappeared.

Investigators determined that Tucker, 28, was married to Gerald Coleman at the time of her death and was living in East Hampton, Connecticut.

Coleman, who is considered a person of interest in Tucker’s death, never reported his wife missing and died in a Massachusetts state prison in 1996, investigators said.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Granby police at 413-467-9222, via email, or by submitting a message through

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button