33-card field for the 2023 Indy 500 features nine former champions
Rev your engines because it’s almost to watch the Indy 500 live stream. The 107th running of the Indianapolis 500 takes place during a busy weekend in motorsports that also includes the F1 Monaco Grand Prix. Indy 500 live stream 2023: Start time, channels and how to watch online today.
Drivers at the Motor Speedway, aka “the Brickyard,” will race around the oval track for 200 laps for a total of 500 miles. It’s a grueling test of endurance, skill and determination, which is why the Indy 500 is called “the Greatest Spectacle in Racing.”
The 33-card field for the 2023 Indy 500 features nine former champions. Alex Palou, who sits atop the IndyCar Series standings, is on the pole, while defending champion Marcus Ericsson looks to repeat. Helio Castroneves is seeking a record fifth Indy 500 victory.
Currently, last year’s runner-up Pato O’Ward is the +500 favorite at Caesars Sportsbook, with Palou behind at +575.
Here’s everything you need to know about how to watch Indy 500 live streams online.
Indy 500 start time, schedule and channel
Date and time: The Indy 500 live stream is today (Sunday, May 28), and it’s scheduled to begin at at 12:45 p.m. ET / 9:45 a.m. PT / 5:45 p.m. BST / 3:45 a.m. AEDT (Mon.))
Where: NBC, Peacock and Universo
The “Greatest Spectacle in Racing” returns to Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday for the 107th running of the Indy 500 as IndyCar drivers chase their dreams of taking the checkered flag, drinking the celebratory milk and kissing the famous yard of bricks.
Nine former winners and four rookies are among the 33-car, 11-row field that will take the green flag, including 2021 winner Helio Castroneves, who could become the first driver to win the Indianapolis 500 five times.
Pole winner Alex Palou recorded the fastest pole speed in race history at 234.217 mph last weekend, and the field average of 232.184 mph is the fastest all time in a race that began way back in 1911.
Who is the grand marshal for the 2023 Indy 500?
Actress Stephanie Beatriz, best known as the star of Disney’s “Encanto” and NBC comedy “Brooklyn Nine-Nine,” will tell drivers to report to their cars as part of the pre-race ceremonies.
Who won last year’s Indy 500?
Marcus Ericsson won the 106th running of the Indianapolis 500, topping Pato O’Ward and 2013 winner Tony Kanaan to become the second driver from Sweden (after Kenny Brack) to win the Indy 500.
What is the lineup for the 2023 Indy 500?
Start position (car number in parentheses), car make and team (R-rookie; W-Indy 500 winner)
1. (10) Alex Palou, Honda, Chip Ganassi Racing
2. (21) Rinus VeeKay, Chevrolet, Ed Carpenter Racing
3. (6) Felix Rosenqvist, Chevrolet, Arrow McLaren
4. (14) Santino Ferrucci, Chevrolet, AJ Foyt Racing
5. (5) Pato O’Ward, Chevrolet, Arrow McLaren
6. (9) Scott Dixon (W), Honda, Chip Ganassi Racing
7. (7) Alexander Rossi (W), Chevrolet, Arrow McLaren
8. (11) Takuma Sato (W), Honda, Chip Ganassi Racing
9. (66) Tony Kanaan (W), Chevrolet, Arrow McLaren
10. (8) Marcus Ericsson (W), Honda, Chip Ganassi Racing
11. (55) Benjamin Pedersen (R), Chevrolet, AJ Foyt Racing
12. (12) Will Power (W), Chevrolet, Team Penske
13. (33) Ed Carpenter, Chevrolet, Ed Carpenter Racing
14. (3) Scott McLaughlin, Chevrolet, Team Penske
15. (27) Kyle Kirkwood, Honda, Andretti Autosport
16. (20) Conor Daly, Chevrolet, Ed Carpenter Racing
17. (2) Josef Newgarden, Chevrolet, Team Penske
18. (23) Ryan Hunter-Reay (W), Chevrolet, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing
19. (28) Romain Grosjean, Honda, Andretti Autosport
20. (06) Helio Castroneves (W), Honda, Meyer Shank Racing
21. (26) Colton Herta, Honda, Andretti Autosport
22. (60) Simon Pagenaud (W), Honda, Meyer Shank Racing
23. (18) David Malukas, Honda, Dale Coyne Racing
24. (98) Marco Andretti, Honda, Andretti Autosport
25. (29) Devlin DeFrancesco, Honda, Andretti Autosport
26. (78) Agustin Canapino (R), Chevrolet, Juncos Hollinger Racing
27. (77) Callum Ilott, Chevrolet, Juncos Hollinger Racing
28. (50) R.C. Enerson (R), Chevrolet, Abel Motorsports
29. (44) Katherine Legge, Honda, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
30. (45) Christian Lundgaard, Honda, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
31. (51) Sting Ray Robb (R), Honda, Dale Coyne Racing
32. (30) Jack Harvey, Honda, Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing
33. (24) Graham Rahal, Chevrolet, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing